Department / Unit:
|Temporary Part Time
The Registered Nurse is accountable and responsible for the provision of general and specialized nursing duties and work assignments on a daily basis, according to the standards of Nursing Practice of the College of Nurses of Ontario, and approved standards of care of the Corporation.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Registered Nurse in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• BScN preferred, minimum completion of Diploma in Nursing
• Minimum 1 year recent (within 1-2 years) medical-surgical and/or pediatric experience
• NRP (Neonatal Resuscitation Program)
• Current BCLS certification
• ENPC (Emergency Nursing Paediatric Course) or PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) preferred
• Management of Aggressive Behavior or equivalent preferred
• Certificate in Gentle Persuasive Approach (GPA) preferred
• Pediatric Nursing Certificate preferred
• Baby Friendly Initiative 20-hour breastfeeding course preferred
• Recent Medical/Surgical and Paediatric experience preferred
• Acceptable performance and attendance records
- All job offers will require compliance with our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for proof of full vaccination unless provided with a medical exemption or an accommodation under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
- The approximate duration of this temporary position is 12 months.