Department / Unit:
The Registered Nurse is accountable and responsible for the provision of general and specialized nursing duties and work assignments on a daily basis, according to the standards of Nursing Practice of the College of Nurses of Ontario, and approved standards of care of the Corporation.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications:
• Current certification with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Coronary Care Level 1 (required), Level 2 (preferred)
• Current BCLS certification
• ACLS Certification or to be completed within 3 months
• Experience with arterial lines and central lines maintenance
• Experience in a critical care setting (preferred)
• Completion of Critical Care Certificate (preferred) or commitment to enrolment and completion within 6 months
• Experience with mechanical ventilation (preferred)
• Excellent communication skills, leadership and interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize care and adapt to unexpected change in patient acuity
• Demonstrated critical thinking decision making skills
• Acceptable performance and attendance records
All job offers will require compliance with our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for proof of full vaccination unless provided with a medical exemption or an accommodation under the Ontario Human Rights Code.