Department / Unit:
|Temporary Part Time
Responsible for the preparation of hot food/cold food for patient meals of breakfast, lunch and dinner and all patient nourishments. The Dietary Aide reports to the Manager, Nutrition and Food Services with direction from the Food Services Supervisors.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications:
- Current Food Handler’s Training Certificate
- Previous food service experience
- Experience in cold plating (an asset)
- Previous experience in a cafeteria environment (preferred)
- Willingness to be trained to work in both the cafeteria and the patient side
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to deal with the public in a courteous manner
- Ability to function as a respectful team member in a collaborative environment
- Ability to accept direction and work independently
- Acceptable performance and attendance records
- Multiple weekend work required.
- Duration of this temporary position is 6 months.
- All job offers will require compliance with our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for proof of full vaccination unless provided with a medical exemption or an accommodation under the Ontario Human Rights Code