Department / Unit:
As a key member of the Human Resources team, the Talent Acquisition Specialist (TAS) is responsible and accountable for the full-cycle recruitment and selection processes. The Talent Acquisition Specialist (TAS) contributes to the development, promotion and management of appropriate recruitment strategies to profile job opportunities within the hospital. In addition to supporting immediate needs, the Talent Acquisition Specialist (TAS) develops long-term talent acquisition strategies to source top talent and nurtures trusting relationships with potential hires to generate future pipelines.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree with a specialization in Human Resources or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience working in a recruitment role required.
- Experience working in a multi-unionized environment required
- CHRP/CHRL or actively working towards completion preferred
- Experience working within a hospital environment preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply employment legislations (e.g., Employment Standards, Human Rights, Health & Safety, Privacy, Compensation, Labour Relations, etc.), Human Resources Policies and Collective Agreements.
- Demonstrated ability to build, foster and maintain productive relationships with candidates, clients, and team members.
- Ability to function independently and as a member of a team in a busy and complex environment.
- Strong time management, planning and organizational skills to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills
- Superior professional judgment, diplomacy and relationship building skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills.
- High level of composure and demonstrated ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment where there is a need to be able to effectively manage multiple tasks/assignments at the same time.
- Solid understanding and use of project management and ability to balance and manage multiple interests.
- Advanced computer skills.
- All job offers will require compliance with our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for proof of full vaccination unless provided with a medical exemption or an accommodation under the Ontario Human Rights Code