Department / Unit:
The Senior Financial Analyst (“SFA”) serves as a Business Partner, supporting the Organization’s strategic directions by preparing financial analyses, forecasts and financial reporting for management. The SFA is responsible for ensuring compliance with Canadian Accounting Standards, Management Information Systems standards and government regulations. This is a dynamic role that provides exposure to all aspects of Hospital financial reporting and provides interactive expenses with all department leaders; our focus is to provide meaningful support and ensure that management has accurate financial information to support decision making.
This position reports to the Manager, Finance & Reporting and works closely with operations leaders and the finance team.
Duties of the role:
• Obtain and sustain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure
• Timely completion of month end closing process and variance reporting for management review
• Work closely with team leaders to support their accounting, budgeting, forecasting and capital needs
• Prepare various quarterly reports for the Ministry
• Build flexible data models to support the Organizations financial reporting needs
• Prepare financial presentations and reports for senior management and executive team in a clear and concise manner
• Work collaboratively with the finance team to support special projects, make recommendations for process improvements and demonstrate logic and creativity when addressing issues presented
• Prepare interim and year end working papers in support of the Hospital’s audit
• Promotes an environment that encourages and supports change using change management theory
• All employees of Headwaters Health Care Centre (HHCC) are responsible to contribute to a transparent culture of patient and staff safety by adhering to and abiding by patient and staff safety policies and procedures set by HHCC.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Professional Accounting Designation
• 5 or more years of financial analysis and reporting experience
• Strong theoretical and practical knowledge of Canadian Accounting Standards for Not-For-Profit Organizations and Public Sector Accounting Standards
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
• Ability to communicate effectively at multiple levels within the Organization
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to develop in-depth analyses
• Advanced proficiency in Excel and demonstrated ability for learning new software applications
• Attention to detail and accuracy while maintaining focus on overall reporting objective
• Exhibit the core values of the Hospital