Department / Unit:
|Temporary Part Time
The Registration/Booking Clerk is accountable and responsible for the general and specialized duties required to support the daily activities of patient registrations and bookings.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Current or recent clerical experience in a healthcare setting or completion of medical administration diploma program from community college
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology (skill testing will be required or College transcript with minimum 80% mark for medical terminology course)
- Recent experience with patient registrations and Diagnostic Imaging bookings is required
- Experience with Meditech admissions, community wide scheduling and Order Entry
- Well-developed keyboarding/computer skills with a minimum keyboarding speed of 45 wpm
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills dealing with both internal and external clients
- Ability to work collaboratively with physicians and other allied health professionals in a very dynamic fast paced work environment
- Ability to multi-task and work with a minimum of supervision. Flexibility with scheduling of shifts to meet team needs
- Acceptable performance and attendance records
Extra InformationThe approximate duration of this position is 12 months.