Department / Unit:
|Temporary Full Time
The Multi-Skilled Worker is responsible for transporting patients, equipment, supplies, and specimens throughout the hospital as directed. Will be required to assist with the lifting and transfer of patients and in transport of patients to other departments.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Previous patient care experience
- Ability and/or willingness to learn to assist with patient care needs (such as toileting, ambulating)
- Recent related patient transport/porter experience (preferred)
- Demonstrated good communication and interpersonal skills with staff, patients and families for patient centered care
- Demonstrated ability to lift patients and to meet physical demands of the position (standing and walking for extended periods of time)
- Ability to work independently and strong organizational skills
Extra InformationThe approximate duration of this position is 6 months.