Department / Unit:
This position is responsible for the implementation and administration of Enterprise Systems within the Hospital which consists of all network operating system platforms, electronic communications, and ensuring the security and integrity of the infrastructure is maintained at all times. This position will be required to collaborate and communicate continuously with the IT team and Hospital Staff to ensure projects and initiatives are defined and successfully implemented and completed.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Responsible for monitoring, deploying, maintaining and supporting the centralized computing facilities for Headwaters health information, business and scientific systems and applications.
- Provide end to end planning, implementation and support of a variety of systems on a Microsoft Windows Server platform.
- Manage and support VMWare ESXi, Horizon View, Physical Devices, and Thin Clients
- Proposes and implements system enhancements (software and hardware updates) that will improve the performance and reliability of the system based on industry best practices.
- Works closely with vendors and end users to ensure seamless support.
- Installs servers and configuring hardware, applications, services and storage in accordance with best practices and project/operational requirements
- Installing new software releases, evaluating and installing patches
- Creating and maintaining install and configuration procedures/operational manuals
- Support and maintain internal services (AD, DNS, DHCP, Network)
- Creating and supporting automation scripts
- Perform daily system monitoring, including verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes; reviewing system and application logs; and verifying completion of scheduled jobs, such as backups
- Liaises with external partners to provide and maintain access to clinical applications and networks.
- Supports all computer desktops and applications along with peripherals such as printers and fax machines when required
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications:
- Post Secondary Degree or Diploma in Computer Information Systems with 5 years of relevant experience, preferably with formal training and/or education with Microsoft Windows systems security and data networking (MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer) or CCNA or equivalent experience.)
- Professional IT Certifications, such as: Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE, Fortinet NSE, or VMware VCP
- Support and ongoing management of SAN storage technology such as EMC XIO, VxRAIL, VSAN
- Technical services and support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security, VPNs & WiFi (Eg. Palo Alto, Cisco, Dell, Aruba)
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting a variety of virtualization products such as VMWare VSphere and Horizon View VDI. Provide escalated support services for virtualization technologies: VMware vSphere / ESXi
- Experienced in organizing and overseeing the installation of data communications hardware and software.
- Support services for Microsoft related technologies: O365, MS-SQL, SharePoint, Azure.
- Knowledge of Cisco and Dell Switching environments
- IT Support relating to issues with the internal systems and network infrastructure.
- Technical experience with Windows Server including roles/features such as IIS, .NET, Active Directory
- Remote access solution support: VPN and VDI.
- Act as escalation point in troubleshooting and resolving Backup and DR technology such as Veeam Backup and Replication
- Document maintenance for all computer systems infrastructure.
- IT related project execution support as needed
- Administration and maintenance of the remote monitoring and management system: update agent scripts, respond to alerts, monitor dashboard, and periodic system review.
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes, or agreed outages.
- Support disaster recovery solutions.
- Business awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals.
- Be on-call rotation
- Strong written and oral communications skills.