Department / Unit:
|Temporary Full Time
The Ward Clerk performs clerical and administrative support functions to ensure smooth operation of the assigned unit.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Ward Clerk certificate or equivalent Ward Clerk experience
• Medical terminology and an understanding of the health care system
• Proficient computer skills
• Ability to work unsupervised in a high pressure position
• Ability to interact positively with physicians and the public
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi task
• Experience with Meditech and order entry (preferred)
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Appropriate lifting techniques
• Acceptable performance and attendance records
Extra InformationThe approximate duration of this temporary position is 3 months.