Department / Unit:
|Temporary Part Time
The Registered Nurse is accountable and responsible for the provision of general and specialized nursing duties and work assignments on a daily basis, according to the standards of Nursing Practice of the College of Nurses of Ontario, and approved standards of care of the Corporation.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Current certification – College of Nurses of Ontario
- C.P.R. certification or equivalent
- Recent experience in diabetes care
- Certified Diabetes Educator Certification (CDE)
- Knowledge of Adult Educational Principles
- Knowledge of Motivational Interviewing Techniques (preferred)
- Knowledge of Gentle Persuasive Approach (preferred)
- Appropriate lifting techniques
- Health assessment (may be required)
- Acceptable performance and attendance records
Extra InformationThis position will be for approximately 3 months with possibility of extension.