Department / Unit:
|Temporary Full Time
Reporting to the Director of Facilities, Procurement and Support Services, the incumbent works as part of the Facilities & Engineering team to operate and maintain Headwaters Health Care Centre, including all electrical systems, fixtures, equipment and building systems, in optimal, safe working order in accordance with applicable Codes (e.g. Fire, Building, Electrical, Plumbing, OHS, etc.), Standards (e.g. C.S.A,, etc.), Guidelines (e.g. PIDAC) as well as other related legislative requirements.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum Grade 12 Education
- Valid Ontario Trade Certificate of Qualification as: Electrician – Construction and Maintenance or Industrial Electrician
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates good leadership skills
- 5 years recent demonstrated experience in troubleshooting, operation, maintenance and repair of complex building systems and equipment
- General knowledge of other building trades and ability to work with hand and power tools to perform a variety of tasks
- Ability to wear prescribed personal protective equipment, perform physical indoor and outdoor tasks, and work at elevated heights and in confined spaces
- Working knowledge of computers and software applications
- Ability to process CMMS based work orders and maintenance reports
- Ability and willingness to continually upgrade technical skills
- Ability to work from oral or written instruction under minimum supervision
- Excellent troubleshooting, communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state and local laws, ordinances, statutes, regulations, rules, policies and procedures related to area of responsibility.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures of grounds, parks and facilities maintenance.
- Knowledge of proper use of tools, chemicals, and lawn maintenance equipment and ability to operate equipment such as gas powered and manual hand tools, blowers, mowers, tractors, hedge trimmers, trucks and bobcats.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and the public
- Able to work standby hours, shift work and overtime
Extra InformationThis anticipated end date for this position is March 31, 2022.