Reporting to the Director of IT, Biomed and Health Records, the Senior Decision Support Analyst specializes in supporting the organization’s information and analytical needs including, but not limited to, clinical activity (quality and utilization), benchmarking, clinical indicator development and patient movement and flow. This role will provide guidance and leadership to other decision support team members. The Analyst analyzes, interprets, and reports clinical and statistical information on a routine and ad hoc basis to support management and evidence based clinical decision making as well as process improvement activities. The Analyst will also be responsible for ensuring timely completion and submission of encoded data. Hospital-wide data quality will be a focus of the Analyst for encoded data but also datasets informing the coding process i.e. registration. The Analyst will contribute to the development and completion of balanced scorecard metrics, quality reporting, ministry reporting, and, as required, to other routine and special reports to support the program management, senior management, and Board.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Certification with the Canadian Health Information Management Association and a current member in good standing or equivalent university degree in related field is preferred;
- 5 years of experience in a healthcare decision support environment including experience preparing analyses of operational, clinical and quality measures, based on data from the Continuing Care Reporting System (CCRS), Discharge Abstract Database (DAD), National Ambulatory Care Reporting System (NACRS) or other large data sets (e.g., Wait Times) required. Knowledge of Case Costing an asset;
- Demonstrated advanced computer skills and data retrieval techniques in Crystal, Excel, Access and Winrecs. Experience with Power BI an asset;
- Knowledge of health care reporting requirements (e.g. OHRS and MIS guidelines) and funding methodologies (HSFR, PCOP and QBP) preferred;
- Clear knowledge and understanding of the hospital’s account structure and ADT (MEDITECH) system;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff;
- Outstanding customer services skills is essential;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to details;
- Demonstrated satisfactory performance and attendance record;
- Demonstrated ability to function in a changing and sometimes stressful work environment;
- Must be able to prioritize workload;
- Excellent organization skills;
- Able to work independently and in a team environment;
- Demonstrated sound judgment and diplomacy.