Reporting to the Director of Facilities, Procurement and Support Services the incumbent works as part of the Facilities & Engineering team to operate and maintain Headwaters Health Care Centre, including hospital refrigeration units, HVAC and building systems, in optimal, safe working order in accordance with applicable Codes (e.g. Fire, Building, OHS, etc.), Standards (e.g. C.S.A,, etc.), Guidelines (e.g. PIDAC) as well as other related legislative requirements.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Minimum Grade 12 education
• Valid Ontario Certificate of Qualification, 313A Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Systems Mechanic
• Three (3) Years related experience in an Institutional/Commercial or Industrial setting is required.
• Related experience including routine servicing and repair of refrigeration equipment, operating and maintaining hospital building equipment, furnishings, plumbing and fixtures in proper and safe working order
• Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot, maintain and service HVAC controls in conjunction with building automation systems.
• Experience and training on building automation systems such as Optimiria, Siemens, Honeywell, Johnson.
• Able to read blueprints and perform mathematical calculations
• Demonstrated ability to accurately estimate and calculate material and equipment requirements.
• Working knowledge of legislated safety requirements, codes, standards, and regulations.
• Able to perform a variety of building repair and maintenance assignments as required.
• Working knowledge of computers and software applications.
• Evidence of effective customer service, organizational, interpersonal, communication, leadership, judgement, critical thinking, trouble-shooting and decision-making skills.
• Ability to work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team.
• Flexible, self-directed and able to work alone effectively with minimal supervision.
• Valid G driver’s license and access to vehicle for travel as required
• Able to conduct heavy physical lifting, frequent prolonged standing/walking, pushing/pulling, or moving/lifting heavy equipment/supplies and ladder work.
• Able to work standby hours, shift work and overtime.
• Excellent English communication skills, both oral and written.
• Previous related experience in a hospital would be a preferred asset.
• Understanding of current Healthcare Canadian Standards would be an asset
• Must be a strong team player
• Appropriate lifting techniques
• Acceptable performance and attendance records