Headwaters Health Care Centre is a medium-sized community hospital, located in Orangeville, serving citizens across Dufferin-Caledon. Headwaters has a team of over 700 staff, 160 physicians, and more than 300 volunteers. Located in beautiful Dufferin County, Headwaters provides a full range of general hospital services including: emergency; diagnostics; obstetrics; palliative care; medicine, surgery, and ambulatory care, including chemotherapy and dialysis. Headwaters works in partnership with other health service providers to deliver specialty services such as cardiac, mental health, and cancer care. Headwaters is also a partner and co-lead for the Hills of Headwaters Collaborative Ontario Health Team. This has been a successful collaboration with local health and care providers and was one of the first of the 24 Ontario Health Teams approved by the Province in December 2019. Over time the Collaborative will be accountable for providing care to 113,000 residents across Dufferin-Caledon, with the ability to support population growth. For more information about Headwaters Health Care Centre, please visit their website at: www.headwatershealth.ca.
The Vice President, Patient Experience, Health Integration, Chief Nursing and Health Disciplines Executive (VP/CNE), together with a highly qualified team of Directors and Managers, will provide the strategic and operational leadership for all of the clinical programs and clinical support services for Headwaters Health Care Centre. This is a broad portfolio encompassing 6 clinical programs, 4 diagnostic support areas, a paramedic service, and several professional services. The VP/CNE will work with an executive team, the Chief of Staff, physicians, staff, volunteers, patients, and families, the hospital Foundation and all key Headwaters’ partners and communities to ensure the provision of high quality, compassionate, and integrated care. Reporting to the President and CEO, the VP/CNE is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing the operations of Patient Care (Acute Care, Emergency Care, Ambulatory Care and Clinical Support) as well as Clinical Quality, Patient Safety and Risk Management, Systems Integration, Paramedics, Nursing, Professional Practice and Spiritual Care.
Key leadership initiatives for the new VP/CNE will be to:
- Support the organization in its achievement of key milestones and quality initiatives to promote a culture of clinical excellence and quality patient care.
- Plan, develop, and implement patient and family engagement strategies that effectively integrate the patient and caregivers within an interprofessional practice model of care.
- Facilitate the development and implementation of integrated care programs, services and networks and strengthen Headwaters’ relationship with system partners to improve access, flow, and coordination of services including clinical leadership for the Meditech Expanse / Care4 implementation and advancement of partnerships within the Hills of Headwaters Collaborative Ontario Health Team
- Foster professional development and continuous learning opportunities for healthcare professionals while encouraging interprofessional collaboration.
- Provide leadership for best operational practices and develop creative strategies to evolve program goals and effective/efficient clinical service delivery.
- Foster strategic partnerships and maintain effective, collaborative relationships with health care partners and other key external stakeholders.
The successful candidate will be a credible health system leader with a passion for people engagement and building high-performing quality organizations. You will have at least 7-10 years of progressive experience in a similar health care environment with a track record of leading clinical services, patient engagement strategies, and system integration. In addition to having strong credentials, the incumbent will be an exceptional relationship developer with a history of building teams and achieving results through excellence in execution.