Department / Unit:
The Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) is a health care professional who is responsible and accountable for providing quality patient/family focused nursing care to a patient population with predictable outcomes. As part of the interdisciplinary health team, the RPN will practice within their full scope in accordance to the nursing philosophy and standards set by Headwaters Health Care Centre (HHCC), the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) and the Regulated Health Professionals Act (RHPA) legislation. The position currently supports the Telemedicine Program and supports the delivery telemedicine services at Headwaters Healthcare Centre. As well as serves as a contact for Ontario Telemedicine Network (OTN).
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Current Certificate of Registration as a Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) from the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Completion of an accredited Telemedicine Certification Program
- Completion of OTN clinical certification (preferred) or within1 year of hire
- Recent experience with Telemedicine
- Strong in-depth knowledge in a variety of clinical areas. Previous experience in mental health, chronic disease management, wound care, and infectious diseases
- Ability to work independently, self-directed and motivated
- BCLS Certified
- Good computer skills: Proficient in Meditech Patient Registration and MSM medSchedule; Proficient in Word/Excel and other Microsoft applications
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Comfortable working within the healthcare environment and with health care partners
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment
- Innovative with the ability to problem solve quickly, strategically, and creatively
- Superior organizational skills and ability to set priorities.
- Flexibility to respond to a fluctuating workload and changing environment
- Commitment to quality and customer service
- Excellent attendance record essential
- Interest in application of technology in health care environment.
- Ability to advocate for the integration of telemedicine across the organization.
- Understanding of the field of telemedicine, its use and potential application in a clinical or community environment.