Department / Unit:
|Temporary Part Time
The PSW performs assigned functions as unregulated care providers, that support the health care team in assisting patients in activities of daily living, and supports the effective operations of patient care areas.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Successful completion of a 1-year Personal Support Worker Diploma from a community college
• Recent experience working on an inpatient or rehabilitation unit (preferred)
• Demonstrated ability to read, understand and follow written instructions and routine written reports
• Strong written & verbal communication skills & ability to deal with the public in a courteous manner
• Current BCLS certification (preferred)
• Certificate in Gentle Persuasive Approach (preferred)
• Ability to function as a team member in a collaborative environment
• Ability to work independently
• Acceptable performance and attendance records
Extra Information Approximate duration is 6 months.