Department / Unit:
|Temporary Part Time
The successful candidate must be available to work 12 hour day and night shifts and weekends, with flexibility to cover additional shifts as required. Please note schedule may change due to operational needs.
- Screen all individuals entering Emergency Department and/or alternate designated entrance(s) for signs, symptoms and travel based on the screening tool.
- Verify staff eligibility for entrance (ID Badge or other means).
- Ensure all persons entering the facility follow proper precautionary measures and wear the correct protective apparel as required.
- Refer individuals for advanced screening if required.
- Directing individuals to proper assessment areas as needed.
- Conducts active screening of patients, caregivers, and visitors to the hospital following established Entry Screening pathways and documents responses on the COVID-19 Screening Form
- Assists patient, caregivers, and visitors to direct them to their intended destination
- Ability to maintain discretion with confidential information
- Distributes masks following the hospital’s masking guidelines and provides instructions on how to properly put on and take off the mask
- Prompts everyone entering the hospital to practice good hand hygiene throughout their visit
- Responds to patient, caregiver, visitor, and staff inquiries and concerns in a professional, respectful, and courteous manner
- Follows procedures to engage appropriate supports as outlined in the Entry Screening pathways
- Contributes to the ongoing assessment of screening processes and identifies opportunities to improve quality and safety
- Uses error prevention strategies to reduce process and human errors with screening processes
- Maintains current level of knowledge of COVID-19 information, resources, and entry screening processes by attending orientation and checking the staff COVID-19 staff site each shift
- Participates in the implementation and adoptions of changes to the Entry Screening process
- Actively participates in activities that facilitate and promote team work and moral with screening station team
- Performs other administrative duties as required
- Successful completion of a high school diploma
- Availability to work a variety of shifts (days, nights), 7 days per week
- Willingness to work both indoors and outdoors and to stand for extended periods of time
- Willingness to wear protective apparel (mask, gloves and gowns)
- Demonstrated strong communication, customer service and interpersonal skills
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated ability to work co-operatively with a variety of people in a team environment
- Second language(s) is an asset
- Demonstrated good attendance and performance records with the ability to maintain these same standards
- Demonstrates a commitment to a healthy and safe workplace for self and others (staff, patients, families, etc.) by taking all reasonable precautions and working in compliance with hospital related policies, health and safety legislation and best practices and completing relevant mandatory education as required
Extra InformationThe duration of this position is approximately 12 months.