Department / Unit:
The Ward Clerk performs clerical and administrative support functions to ensure smooth operation of the assigned unit.
- Performs reception function of unit, including answering inquiries of a general nature by patients, visitors, other departments, nursing staff and physicians, relaying messages for personnel on the unit, assisting them in a friendly and patient centered manner;
- Assists with patient flow for clinics in collaboration with clinical staff
- Rotates to various clinics within the Ambulatory Care setting as necessary
- Receives messages and both verbal and written reports from various staff members, patients/families, and prepares other reports as required;
- Performs clerical duties related to procedures and coordination of appointments and procedures for oncology patients, collection of data for submission to Cancer Care Ontario and our regional partners.
- Routing of patient records according to established procedures
- Keeps medical record file in proper order and pulls charts as needed and ensure that only authorized persons have access to patient records;
- Manages interdepartmental mail; pulls and prepares clinic lists, reviews for accuracy of bookings and follows up with Physicians and registration for discrepancies
- Promotes an environment that encourages and supports change using change management theory
- All employees of Headwaters Health Care Centre are responsible to contribute to a transparent culture of patient and staff safety by adhering to and abiding by patient and staff safety policies and procedures set by HHCC.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications:
- Ward clerk certificate or equivalent experience required;
- Medical terminology and an understanding of the health care system required;
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office and Excel are required;
- Ability to work unsupervised in a high-pressure position required;
- Ability to interact positively with physicians and the public required;
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask required;
- Experience with Meditech and order entry preferred;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required
- Acceptable performance and attendance records
- Two (2) positions available