Department / Unit:
|Temporary Full Time
Payroll Specialist, MEDITECH Expanse
(Temporary Full Time and Part Time Positions Available)
For over 20 years, Collingwood General & Marine Hospital (CGMH), Georgian Bay General Hospital (GBGH), Headwaters Health Care Centre (HHCC) and Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre (RVH) have been in partnership sharing a single Health Information System (HIS) – MEDITECH.
The primary purpose of this partnership is to improve patient safety and quality of care by promoting, implementing and maintaining a 1 Patient, 1 Record, 1 Portal 1 Log in vision through a single shared HIS. CARE4 has identified information and technology as a key pillar to support a safe and efficient patient experience while driving clinical excellence. We are excited to be preparing for the implementation of a new health information system (MEDITECH Expanse) that will bring together a team of skilled clinical experts and stakeholders from the four partner hospitals.
POSITION SUMMARY & ACCOUNTABILITIES
As a Payroll Specialist, you will provide applications support for the CARE4 project partners. You will be assigned to a main site at one of the participating hospitals and also be setup to work remotely. Travel between hospital sites may be required in the future, post current physical distancing requirements that are currently in place. You must have access to reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
Duties to include:
• Participating in Meditech training sessions, conference calls and webinar sessions.
• Working collaboratively with key stakeholders.
• Building dictionaries and parameters in the Payroll module with the Build Team.
• Testing and updating Human Resources and Payroll reports as required.
• Training and creating end-user documentation.
• Participating in Integration Testing and Parallel Runs.
• Supporting GO LIVE.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Applicant must have the following experience:
• University degree/diploma in related field with previous payroll experience in MEDITECH environment
• Minimum two years’ experience with demonstrated familiarity of Union Contracts, Employment Standards, HOOPP, etc.
• Completed full cycle payroll in a healthcare setting.
• General knowledge of the accounting cycle
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Strong attention to detail
• Demonstrated commitment to customer service skills
• Proven organizational skills
• Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adaptable to a changing work environment
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team while maintaining strict confidentiality
For further information and to apply to this posting (Req #4512) please visit the careers page at www.rvh.on.ca