Department / Unit:
|Temporary Full Time
Data Management Build Team Lead, Meditech Expanse
(Temporary Full-Time, Regional Opportunity)
For over 20 years, Collingwood General & Marine Hospital (CGMH), Georgian Bay General Hospital (GBGH), Headwaters Health Care Centre (HHCC) and Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre (RVH) have been in partnership sharing a single Health Information System (HIS) – MEDITECH.
The primary purpose of this partnership is to improve patient safety and quality of care by promoting, implementing and maintaining a 1 Patient, 1 Record, 1 Portal 1 Log in vision through a single shared HIS. CARE4 has identified information and technology as a key pillar to support a safe and efficient patient experience while driving clinical excellence. We are excited to be preparing for the implementation of a new health information system (MEDITECH Expanse) that will bring together a team of skilled clinical experts and stakeholders from the four partner hospitals.
POSITION SUMMARY & ACCOUNTABILITIES
As the Data Management Build Team Lead, you will lead the Build Team and provide applications support for CARE4 project partners (Collingwood General and Marine Hospital, Georgian Bay General Hospital, Headwaters Healthcare Centre and Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre). You will be responsible to lead the Build Team in their weekly meetings, building content and updating progress and bringing forward required approvals to the Working Group. Implementation support, development and training for stakeholders and end users is within your scope for all Partner sites. Current state site specific reporting to be assessed within this role and a clear definition of stakeholders and future state reporting to be identified and incorporated within the build where applicable. Optimization of new application features and functionality to meet end-user requirements. Develop functional specifications and assist vendor with system enhancements. Provide training and support departmental trainers for applications.
Travel between hospital sites will be required in the future, post current physical distancing requirements that are currently in place. You must have access to reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license. You will be assigned to a main site at one of the participating hospitals and also be setup to work remotely.
Duties will include:
• Participating in remote and onsite training sessions for the Data Management implementation.
• Work collaboratively with key stakeholders at the 4 partner sites.
• Train super users and end users and create end-user documentation as required.
• Participate in the Integration Testing and Parallel Run
• Support GO LIVE.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, MIS preferred
• Meditech experience an asset
• Three to five years’ experience in healthcare reporting and/or analytics an asset
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Advanced proficiency in performance data collection, interpretation and presentation
• Advanced experience with Excel required
• Proficiency with SQL required
• Meditech Client Server/Expanse experience preferred: DR, NPR, M-AT, BCA
• Previous experience with visualization tools including SSRS, Tableau, Power BI is a strong asset
• Demonstrated proficiency with a statistical analysis application (ex. R, SAS) are strong assets
• Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills with all levels of staff
• Ability to work remotely or at client sites as required
• Superior verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organization and time-management skills with a strong ability to multi-task in order to meet project deliverables
• Outstanding problem solving & critical thinking skills
For further information and to apply to this posting (Req #4487) please visit the careers page at www.rvh.