Department / Unit:
Under the supervision of the Manager Surgical Services, the MDRD Aide will provide the function of sorting, cleaning, assembly, wrapping, sterilizing reusable medical devices and supplies for Headwaters Health Care Center.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• The MDRD Aide will be required to have the MDRAO Technician certification course or a recognized college reprocessing course and have passed it successfully. Recertification every five years is mandatory.
• A minimum of 1-2 years of current MDRD experience (preferred)
• Excellent communication and critical thinking skills.
• To be mechanically and technically inclined.
• Must possess the physical capacity to stand and walk within a limited area most of the working day, to handle supplies and equipment of moderate and heavy weights, to travel short and long distances in the hospital and to stoop, bend when storing and issuing supplies, and to stand for long periods.
• Ability to handle delicate materials with multiple parts.
• Must possess a memory for details and a willingness to perform routine, repetitive tasks according to established procedures and sequences.
• Knowledge of aseptic and sterilization techniques.
• Able to work a variety of shifts and weekends
• Appropriate lifting techniques
• Acceptable performance and attendance records
- All job offers will require compliance with our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for proof of full vaccination unless provided with a medical exemption or an accommodation under the Ontario Human Rights Code.