Department / Unit:
|Temporary Part Time
The RPN is responsible and accountable for providing quality patient/family focused nursing care to a patient population with predictable outcomes. As part of the interdisciplinary health team, the RPN will practice within their full scope in accordance to the nursing philosophy and standards set by HHCC, the College of Nurses of Ontario and the Regulated Health Professionals Act legislation.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Current Registered Practical Nurse certification from the College of Nurses of Ontario
• One year recent experience treating acute medical patients (preferred)
• Completion of Coronary Care 1 or enrolment in Coronary Care 1 (completion is preferred)
• IV certification completion or current enrolment
• Current BCLS certification
• Certificate in Gentle Persuasive Approach
• Acceptable performance and attendance records (applies to internal applicants only)
- The approximate duration of this temporary position is 4 months.
- All job offers will require compliance with our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for proof of full vaccination unless provided with a medical exemption or an accommodation under the Ontario Human Rights Code.