Department / Unit:
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, this role supports Hospital operations by developing and maintaining strong client relationships and providing excellent customer service. The Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for coordinating, administering and assisting in the execution of human resource services. Areas of involvement include: recruitment, onboarding, record file management, training, management of data, benefits administrations, and support to the labour relations function.
- Accurate data entry of employee lifecycle information into the HRMS
- Administers group insurance benefits and pension-related matters and effectively responds to common benefit inquiries or concerns from internal customers, regulatory agencies, third party administrators.
- Facilitates new hire on-boarding; manages employee learning management system and supports various ad hoc reporting requirements
- Provides administrative support to the labour relations function e.g., labour management meetings, grievance meetings, bargaining prep, etc.
- Administrative support to various committees
- Other duties and projects as assigned
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Completion of a relevant post-secondary program in Human Resources Management or equivalent
- Working toward the Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation is an asset
- 2 years related experience in a client-focused Human Resources department, preferably in a health care or related organization
- Working knowledge of current legislation, human resources practices, procedures and policies.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with varying levels of employees and to provide excellent customer service internally
- Strong organizational skills with a keen ability to prioritize and multi-task, as well as commitment to meeting deadlines
- Experience in handling sensitive, confidential information
- Strong administrative and data management skills
- Ability to raise issues pro-actively and in a timely manner
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- HRMS experience a plus
- All job offers will require compliance with our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for proof of full vaccination unless provided with a medical exemption or an accommodation under the Ontario Human Rights Code.