Department / Unit:
The PT/OT Assistant provides patient care for inpatients under the supervision of the Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapist. Below qualifications are required unless otherwise noted:
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• College Diploma in Physiotherapy Assistant Program. Preference will be given to candidates with combined Occupational and Physiotherapy Assistant qualifications
• General inpatient treatment experience
• Recent experience in a Rehabilitation or Complex Continuing Care (preferred)
• Knowledge of Gentle Persuasive Approach (preferred)
• Advanced computer skills (preferred)
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
• Must be a strong team player
• Appropriate lifting techniques
• Acceptable performance and attendance records
- To be considered, any job sharing arrangement must relate to the sharing of one full-time position by two (2) employees who share hours on a 50/50 basis.
- Each job sharer may exchange shifts with their partner. If the job share partner is unable to work a shift, it will be offered to other part-time employee in order of seniority.
- Further information of the job share arrangement will be provided to the successful candidate.
- All job offers will require compliance with our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for proof of full vaccination unless provided with a medical exemption or an accommodation under the Ontario Human Rights Code.