Department / Unit:
The Registered Nurse is accountable and responsible for the provision of general and specialized nursing duties and work assignments on a daily basis, according to the standards of Nursing Practice of the College of Nurses of Ontario, Peri anesthesia Association Standards and approved standards of care of the Corporation.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Current certification with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Current BCLS certification required
• Current ACLS and PALS Certification required or in progress
• Minimum 2 years recent PACU experience
• Coronary 1 and/or cardiac monitoring experience
• Completion of Perianesthesia course required
• CNA certification preferred
• Physical assessment course preferred
• Demonstrated patient education skills
• Good interpersonal, organizational skills and initiative
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Acceptable performance and attendance records
- All job offers will require compliance with our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for proof of full vaccination unless provided with a medical exemption or an accommodation under the Ontario Human Rights Code.