Department / Unit:
|Part-Time Level 2|
The Registered Nurse is accountable and responsible for the provision of general and specialized nursing duties and work assignments on a daily basis, according to the standards of Nursing Practice of the College of Nurses of Ontario, and approved standards of care of the Corporation.
The commitment for regular part-time Level 2 Nurse will be as follows:
Is available for fifty two (52) weeks per year minus vacation entitlement; and
Could be pre-scheduled a minimum of 33.75 hours per month, which includes 1 weekend; and
Is available to work either Christmas or New Year’s period; and
Is available to be pre-scheduled a minimum of 45 hours/month from June to September and must include a minimum of 1 weekend/month; and
- Submits additional availability in the manner prescribed by the Hospital
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Registered Nurse in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- BScN preferred, minimum completion of Diploma in Nursing
- Minimum one year of recent (within 1-2 years) clinical experience
- Current BCLS certification
- Previous experience in palliative care an asset
- Leadership experience an asset.
- Certificate in Gentle Persuasive Approach (GPA) preferred
- Recent Palliative Care and Rehabilitiation Experience preferred
- Canadian Nurses Association (CNA) Gerontology certification preferred
- LEAP training preferred
Extra InformationAll job offers will require compliance with our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for proof of full vaccination unless provided with a medical exemption or an accommodation under the Ontario Human Rights Code.