Department / Unit:
The RPN is responsible and accountable for providing quality patient/family focused nursing care to a patient population with predictable outcomes. As part of the interdisciplinary health team, the RPN will practice within their full scope in accordance to the nursing philosophy and standards set by HHCC, the College of Nurses of Ontario and the Regulated Health Professionals Act legislation.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications:
- Current Registered Practical Nurse certification from the College of Nurses of Ontario
- 1-2 years recent RPN working experience (within the last 5 years) on a medicine/surgical unit and/or an Emergency Department required (preference will be given to those candidates with Emergency Department experience)
- Coronary Care for RPNs
- IV certification completion
- Current C.P.R. certification
- Emergency Nursing Certification for RPN’s preferred
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to practice in a self-directed manner and to work independently under medical directives
- Acceptable performance and attendance records
- All job offers will require compliance with our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for proof of full vaccination unless provided with a medical exemption or an accommodation under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
- 4 positions available