The Senior Administrative Assistant to the VP of People & Culture and HR Projects Coordinator will provide administrative support to the Vice President, People and Culture as well as the Medical Affairs leadership team. They will also provide support in the coordination and execution of key strategic projects within the People and Culture team.
This position provides a detailed calendar and meeting management and day-to-day administrative oversight associated with running a portfolio. In addition, this role provides backup coverage and support to other Senior Administrative Assistants and for the Executive Assistant as required.
This position is also part of the broader Administrative Team and will be expected to assist with larger meetings and hospital-wide events. These meetings and events may occur outside regular hours; therefore, flexibility is essential to this role.
- Supporting the Vice President primarily and ensures that key deliverables and timelines are met
- Coordinates the activities through independent decision making, appropriate communication, attention to detail and initiative.
- Prepares Board Committee meeting schedules, work plans, agendas, minutes, follow up on action items and drafts reports brought forward from other meetings.
- Acts as an information conduit, receiving and managing sensitive and/or confidential information and disseminates highly confidential documents.
- Responds to and facilitates the resolution of urgent situations. Ensures prompt communication of messages from internal and external stakeholders and facilitates follow-up communication, using appropriate judgment and discretion at all times.
- Prioritizes and manages calendars as well as organizes any relevant meeting material.
- Coordinates timelines and deliverables for projects, reporting, committee/team meetings and external funding/performance/compliance reporting.
- Provides administrative support such as researching, drafting and editing and synthesizing a variety of documents (e.g. correspondence, reports, legal agreements, letters, minutes/agendas, presentations, funding reports, financial and statistical information) using a variety of software programs (e.g., presentation, word processing, spreadsheet, etc.).
- Collaborates with teams to support communication, recognition and stakeholder relations.
- Provides backup support to the Executive Assistant with respect to supporting the Senior Management Team, Board of Directors and Board and management committees.
- Assists in developing and maintaining both manual and computerized filing and archiving systems for the Administrative Office and the portfolio, including permanent and control records and those to be shared with leaders and organization-wide.
- Proactively support projects/initiatives and committees by anticipating and following up on needs relating to work plans, timelines, cascading of reporting and stakeholder engagement, etc.
- Schedules team and committee meetings; arranges meeting rooms and necessary catering, equipment and room set up as required; supports the meeting chair; distributes agendas and information materials; minute-taking; follows up on action items, as instructed.
- Coordinates the orientation of new staff and ensures all necessary supplies and equipment are requested, delivered and/or set up.
- Coordinates and/or leads projects and special events; may be required to make recommendations for improvements and changes; proactively contributes to the process and materials.
- Assists in the research, preparation and reporting of a wide range of information requests by government agencies, HHCCs and other agencies and partners.
- Performs cross-functional tasks and/ or duties within the portfolio including quality initiatives and support implementation of portfolio project initiatives as assigned.
- Understands business objectives, annual organizational priorities and key deliverables, annual reporting cycles and integrates this in coordination and scheduling of priorities.
- Assists in budget preparation and monitoring submit expenses and generates various expense reports based on hospital policies and the Broad Public Sector Accountability Act procurement directives.
- Receives calls and visitors from stakeholder groups, the public, the Ministry and its agencies, clients, service providers and other organizations about a variety of matters and coordinates with communication and stakeholder engagement, including senior and other leaders.
- Manages projects, initiatives, and key deliverables on behalf of the Vice President
- Participates in safety initiatives and takes action to address unsafe conditions and procedures to ensure a healthy and safe environment.
- Promotes an environment that encourages and supports change and collaboration.
- All employees of Headwaters Health Care Centre (HHCC) are responsible to contribute to a transparent culture of patient and staff safety by adhering to and abiding by patient and staff safety policies and procedures set by HHCC.
- Actively live the organization’s values of kindness, passion, courage, and teamwork.
- Three to five years of experience in an administrative support, project coordination, or human resources role
- University degree preferred, or relevant post-secondary education and work experience in a related role
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating, managing, and executing organizational projects and initiatives
- PMP designation or a willingness to obtain is considered an asset
- Knowledge of medical terminology and advanced minute-taking (including action items).
- Superior oral and written communication, report writing and proofreading and presentation/ formatting skills.
- Organizational priorities and key deliverables
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information discreetly and professionally.
- Advanced keyboarding skills and the ability to use a variety of software programs (including MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, document sharing systems, etc.); advanced knowledge of internet searching and navigating; ability to work with HHCC-specific databases to find and retrieve information.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure with tight timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Board of Directors and Board Committee experience would be considered a definite asset.