Department / Unit:
The Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) is accountable and responsible for the provision of general nursing duties and work assignments on a daily basis, according to the Practice Standards of the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO), and approved standards of care of the Corporation.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Registered Practical Nurse in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Registered Practical Nurse Certification from the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Current BCLS certification
• Recent clinical experience preferred.
• Courses related to specific unit as required
• Current ACLS certification, or completion within 3 months of hire (completion preferred)
• Completion of Coronary Care I preferred
• Competence in starting and maintaining IV’s
• Experience in a Medical/Surgical preferred
• Certificate in Gentle Persuasive approach preferred
• Completion of Management of Aggressive Behavior (MOAB) preferred
• Required to work in multiple departments and do transfers
• Acceptable performance and attendance records
- All job offers will require compliance with our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for proof of full vaccination unless provided with a medical exemption or an accommodation under the Ontario Human Rights Code.