For over 20 years, Collingwood General & Marine Hospital (CGMH), Georgian Bay General Hospital (GBGH), Headwaters Health Care Centre (HHCC) and Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre (RVH) have been in partnership sharing a single Health Information System (HIS) – Meditech. This group has come to be known as the “Regional IT Partnership”.
The primary purpose of this partnership is to improve patient safety and quality of care by promoting, implementing and maintaining a one patient, one record vision through a single shared HIS. The Regional IT Partnership has identified information and technology as a key pillar to support a safe and efficient patient experience while driving clinical excellence. We are excited to be preparing for the implementation of a new health information system (Meditech Expanse) that will bring together a team of skilled clinical experts and stakeholders from the four partner hospitals.
POSITION SUMMARY & ACCOUNTABILITIES
As a Quality and Risk Coordinator, you will provide applications support for the Regional Partner Hospitals (Collingwood General and Marine Hospital, Georgian Bay General Hospital, Headwaters Healthcare Centre and Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre) during work hours and off-hours “on-call support”. This support for the Quality and Surveillance module within Meditech Expanse will include review of current workflow processes relating to quality, risk or surveillance at the 4 partner sites. Future state is to be defined with a view to optimize application features and functionality to meet end-user requirements.
You will be assigned to a main site at one of the participating hospitals. Travel between hospital sites may be required. You must have access to reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license. You may be assigned to an alternate main site temporarily at the discretion of the Regional Partnership.
Duties will include:
- Attend all training sessions, conference calls and webinar sessions for the Quality and Surveillance implementation.
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders at the 4 partner sites.
- Build and edit content as needed to support the quality, risk and surveillance requirements for each partner site.
- Train super users and end users and create end-user documentation as required.
- Participate in the Integration Testing and Parallel Run
- Support GO LIVE.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Leadership, or Quality Improvement required
- PMP, Six Sigma, LEAN Certification preferred
- Risk and Canadian Patient Safety Officer Certification preferred.
- Meditech experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working in a quality and risk management environment in a large healthcare setting
- Working knowledge of current legislation of Governing Health Care Facilities (e.g. Public Hospital Act, Mental Health Act, Quality of Care Information Protection Act, and the Coroners’ Act)
- Working knowledge of regulatory bodies
- Working knowledge of patient incident reporting systems including a consistent incident follow up system
- Working knowledge of Accreditation Canada standards and ROPs
- Working knowledge of Quality Improvement Plans
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service skills
- Ability to reflect on verbal and non-verbal behaviour and communicate effectively
- Ability to analyze situations, diagnose problems, identify the key issues, establish and evaluate alternative courses of action and produce a logical, practical and acceptable solutions
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adaptable to a changing work environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team while maintaining strict confidentiality
For further information and to apply to this posting (Req #4106) please visit the careers page at www.rvh.on.ca.