The Manager, Health Information Management (HIM) and Decision Support role is focused on advancing our organizational purpose to achieve “One Community, Caring Together”. This important role will require a collaborative leader to bring together many areas to work together to create an environment of highly accurate integrated information that is easily accessible and can be readily analyzed by our teams and clients. This will include a focus on advancing performance management and measurement with a vision to the enablers that support clinical and corporate decision-making.
The Manager, HIM and Decision Support will be accountable for advancing the overall portfolio and creating an integrated information management environment.
The Privacy Officer is responsible for managing the privacy program, ensuring that all aspects of the program align with the organizational vision, mission and values. This position requires an extensive understanding of privacy and compliance with applicable legislation, a thorough comprehension of risk management principles, excellent communication skills as well as providing a customer-focused and cost-effective approach to solution delivery. This position is accountable for daily monitoring of measures-based privacy activities, deliverables and outcomes.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications:
- A degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration or related degree or equivalent preferred
- Graduate of a recognized Health Information Management Program is an asset
- Certified Health Information Management Professional with CHIMA and member in good standing, including current with Privacy is an asset
- Demonstrated commitment to on-going professional development and staying current with professional, legislated and other requirements
- Minimum 5 years hands-on management experience in a Healthcare setting where you have demonstrated prowess in managing the interpersonal and fiscal challenges of a highly demanding setting
- An energetic and proactive systems and critical thinker with strong and effective problem-solving, communication, relationship management, change management, organizational and team-building skills
- Established reputation as a consultative, collaborative, coaching and/or mentoring style of leadership.
- Skilled and influential communicator, both verbal and written
- Expert in abstracting systems (MED2020 and DQA by 3 Terra), patient information systems (Meditech), database management and Microsoft applications (advanced Excel, Access and Power point) and Business Intelligence tools
- Strong report writing skills using query tools such as Crystal Reports, Cognos, SQL and PowerBI, and ability to identify and assess new technology and tools to optimize the team and organizational performance
- Advanced performance monitoring, reporting and planning skills
- Strong understanding of MIS Guidelines, Case Costing, QBP, DAD, NACRS & Ministry/CCO reporting requirements
- Demonstrated understanding of clinical and financial information and its impact on the funding models
- Competency in operational budgets, annual financial planning and managing financial performance
- Strong working knowledge of Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA) and the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA) legislation
- Understanding of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Familiarity and experience in health care information management, e-Health, CCO, HQO, CIHI, etc.
- Knowledge of health systems and planning at the provincial, regional and local levels
- Experience dealing with unions, an asset
- Ability to impact and influence key decision makers, working across organization and cross-functional
- Quality and customer service orientation
- Demonstrated ability to work in an exciting, fast paced, dynamic environment