Department / Unit:
This position provides detailed calendar and meeting management and day-to-day administrative oversight associated with running a portfolio. In addition, this role provides interim coverage and support to other Senior Administrative Assistants and the Executive Assistant as required.
This position is also part of the broader Administrative Team and will be expected to assist with larger meetings and hospital wide events. These meetings and events may outside regular hours; therefore, flexibility is essential to this role.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Minimum of (5) years’ experience providing support to senior level executive staff.
• University Degree preferred, completion of post-secondary education in administrative studies required or equivalent combination of education and experience supporting senior level administration.
• Advanced knowledge of administrative practices and procedures.
• Understanding of office procedures and processes.
• Knowledge of medical terminology and advanced minute-taking (including action items).
• Superior oral and written communication, report writing and proofreading and presentation/ formatting skills.
• Organizational priorities and key deliverables.
• General understanding of issues and priorities within the healthcare sector.
• Demonstrated ability to work with limited supervision, with proven skills in organization and time management.
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in a discreet and professional manner.
• Advanced key boarding skills and the ability to use a variety of software programs (including MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, document sharing systems, etc.); advanced knowledge of internet searching and navigating; ability to work with HHCC-specific databases to find and retrieve information.
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure with tight timelines in a fast-paced environment.
• Board of Directors and Board Committee experience would be considered a definite asset.
• Acceptable performance and attendance records.