Department / Unit:
|Temporary Part Time
For over 20 years, Collingwood General & Marine Hospital (CGMH), Georgian Bay General Hospital (GBGH), Headwaters Health Care Centre (HHCC) and Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre (RVH) have been in partnership sharing a single Health Information System (HIS) – Meditech. This group has come to be known as the “Regional IT Partnership”.
The primary purpose of this partnership is to improve patient safety and quality of care by promoting, implementing and maintaining a one patient, one record vision through a single shared HIS. The Regional IT Partnership has identified information and technology as a key pillar to support a safe and efficient patient experience while driving clinical excellence. We are excited to be preparing for the implementation of a new health information system (Meditech Expanse) that will bring together a team of skilled clinical experts and stakeholders from the four partner hospitals.
POSITION SUMMARY & ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Support of pharmacy technicians in their roles in both drug distribution and in the collection of the BPMH.
• Performs medication order entry or verification, pharmacotherapy monitoring e.g. renal and weight based dosing, drug interaction/allergy monitoring etc.
• Performs direct patient care e.g. pain management, antibiotic stewardship, adverse effect monitoring etc.
• Provides education and drug information to Patients, Nursing, Medical, Pharmacy staff and other HCP as required.
• Participates in the Hospital and Departmental Quality Assurance and Continuous Quality Improvement Programs, including reporting and investigation of medication related incidents.
• Supports the pharmacy manager in assessing and planning departmental activities and objectives.
• Assists with the orientation of new staff.
• Assists the pharmacy manager with ongoing Hospital Formulary review.
• Prepares reports and submissions for consideration by the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee at the direction of the Pharmacy Manager.
• Maintains and enhances professional competence by self-directed continuing education.
• Participates on various committees and working groups as required, eg. P&T, Antimicrobial Stewardship Program, Medication Reconciliation Working Group, Operational committees, Infusion Pumps team.
• Regular and punctual attendance is a requirement of this position
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy
• Current registration with the Ontario College of Pharmacists (Part A) and current license to practice in Ontario
• 1 year Hospital Pharmacy experience in a clinical setting
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and teaching skills
• Good computer skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work neatly, accurately, efficiently and independently
• Ability to collaborate in a team environment
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively using both oral and written format
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate and communicate with various members of the Interprofessional health care team to ensure quality patient care both in the hospital and the community
• Ability to deliver high quality services which meets the needs and exceeds the expectations of all clients
• Demonstrated ability to make decisions, exercise good judgment, discretion and initiative when dealing with confidential information and/or in responding to inquiries
• Ability to gather and interpret information from multiple sources to provide recommendations
For further information and to apply to this posting (Req #3963) please visit the careers page at www.rvh.on.ca