Department / Unit:
The HSC is responsible for patient access and flow management 24/7 and will lead an inter-professional team daily at bed management meetings. After hours, weekends and holidays the HSC will also be accountable for the general administration and management of all departments and staff in the absence of the Management and Administrative teams. The HSC will ensure an environment that supports professional practice and leads the team in implementing evidence-based practices within a patient centred care philosophy when able. The HSC will create an environment that supports staff and patient safety and quality improvement. The HSC will also communicate effectively in all interactions with an inter-professional team and our community partners to facilitate patient and family-centered care.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications:
• Current registration from an Ontario Health Professions College
• Baccalaureate Degree in a health related discipline or equivalent
• Minimum of 2 years recent (within the last 5 years) and relevant leadership experience
• Previous clinical experience of 3-5 years
• Professional association membership as appropriate
• Strong interpersonal, coaching, mentoring and team building skills that facilitate positive interactions among all members of the health care team
• Possesses highly developed analytical, problem solving, critical thinking skills and the ability to introduce and effectively facilitate change
• Demonstrated patient and family centred philosophy
• Demonstrated focus on patient and staff safety through quality management.
• Experience within a unionized environment an asset
• Strong clinical decision-making and organizational skills with a commitment to professional development.
• Flexible, organized and self-directed; has initiative and independent judgement
• Ability to provide leadership, support and critical analysis in stressful, complex,clinical and emotional situations
• Possesses effective communication and conflict management skills.
• Acceptable performance and attendance records