Department / Unit:
Reporting to the Manager of Human Resources, the Central Scheduler is primarily responsible for the allocating, calling and scheduling of staff in accordance to the unit operational requirements, standardized processes, policies and procedures, while working in a time sensitive and deadline driven environment.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Secondary School Diploma or equivalent required.
• A minimum of two (2) years recent experience in a scheduling environment, preferably in health care
• Experience with computerized scheduling and timekeeping systems is required.
• Previous experience scheduling in a unionized environment is preferred.
• Must possess a strong customer focus with exceptional telephone and email etiquette, interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
• Effective team player that demonstrates a willingness to assist others and support team decisions
• Possess an understanding of scheduling best practices and collective agreements
• Possess strong time management and organizational skills to be able to successfully manage tight deadlines
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities within a dynamic, fast-paced work environment
• Strong computer skills and proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) is required
• Excellent problem solving and prioritization skills needed, as well as strong attention to detail
• Acceptable performance and attendance records