Business Intelligence Analyst & Developer, Temporary Full Time
For over 20 years, Collingwood General & Marine Hospital (CGMH), Georgian Bay General Hospital (GBGH), Headwaters Health Care Centre (HHCC) and Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre (RVH) have been in partnership sharing a single Health Information System (HIS) – Meditech. This group has come to be known as the “Regional IT Partnership”.
The primary purpose of this partnership is to improve patient safety and quality of care by promoting, implementing and maintaining a one patient, one record vision through a single shared HIS. The Regional IT Partnership has identified information and technology as a key pillar to support a safe and efficient patient experience while driving clinical excellence. We are excited to be preparing for the implementation of a new health information system (Meditech Expanse) that will bring together a team of skilled clinical experts and stakeholders from the four partner hospitals.
POSITION SUMMARY & ACCOUNTABILITIES
The RVH clinical business analytics (CBA) team requires a well-rounded Business Intelligence Analyst & Developer familiar with architecting, designing, developing, and using the Software Development Life Cycle in a dynamic healthcare environment utilizing diverse data sets.
As a BI Analyst and Developer with T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS, and SSAS experience, this role will assist with the continuous improvement of the integrity, performance and capacity of the databases and related data stores of the organization. The position involves assisting the Clinical Business Analytics team in implementing and maintaining the design of the data warehouse while utilizing standard security methods, practical capacity planning approaches, and integrated application design.
You are service oriented and a highly motivated individual with a strong sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned to you. Your excellent communication skills will be needed as you respond to users’ needs and inquiries, handle escalated support problems, and work closely with other IT teams to diagnose and resolve infrastructure issues. You will be expected to conduct capacity planning analyses and participate in evaluation of ongoing operational processes and offer recommendations on how to improve efficiency, reliability and effectiveness of the Meditech Data Repository, Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) and Business Intelligence Environment.
• The candidate’s primary role will be the development, implementation, ongoing maintenance and end user support of the business intelligence environment.
• The candidate will be responsible for managing database/reporting/BI security including user login, access levels, and permission rights. The candidate will support both the development of the CBA projects and web-based applications, and have strong T-SQL, .NET, HTML5, SharePoint development.
• This individual will also work with the team to develop, implement, and oversee the EDW policies and procedures to ensure the integrity and availability of the data warehouse.
• Participation in projects requiring new data sources, identifying new trends, system changes and advancements, ensuring the organizational projects are aligned with best practices as related to EDW development.
• Provides direction and leadership for the EDW, and acts as subject matter expert as required.
• Attends and contributes to staff and technical meetings, and supports and collaborates with colleagues regarding system interoperation.
• The ideal candidate exhibits the core values of Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre: Working Together, Respect All, Think Big, Own It, Care.
You must have access to reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license. You may be assigned to an alternate main site temporarily at the discretion of the Regional IT Partnership.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• College or University - Computer Sciences, Engineering or equivalent
• Certification MCSA, MCSE, MCSD an asset
• Experience with Meditech Data Repository
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in designing and developing data models, mapping source systems and using ETL principles in a medium to large enterprise production environment
• Minimum 3 years’ experience researching, developing and implementing business solutions, mobile reporting, analytics
• Healthcare experience preferred
• Demonstrated experience with Software Development Life Cycle (planning, defining, designing, building, testing, deployment)
• Strong T-SQL, SSIS, SSAS and SSRS skills
• Experience developing Web applications using .net MVC framework, an asset
• Ability to troubleshoot and independently think through modeling logic
• Strong understanding of data quality principles
• Excellent documentation skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Strong Team player, working well as part of a larger ITS team and stakeholder groups to understand and anticipate stakeholder needs, fulfill project goals, troubleshoot problems, be flexible, be enthusiastic and share knowledge.
• Able to contributes to a 'Think Big' Innovative team
• Experience with data warehouses, data modelling and cube development
• Experience in troubleshooting and resolving data problems.
• Experience with using MS Visual Studio/Microsoft SQL Server 2016.
• Experience in implementing operational automation using scripting techniques.
• Ability to contribute within a team-based environment.
• Analytical and strong problem solving abilities