Department / Unit:
Reporting to the Manager, Diagnostic Imaging, the PACS Administrator is responsible for performing all related activities to supporting the hospitals Picture Archiving and Communications Systems (PACS). This includes preparing images for digital archiving and assuring the quality control of medical diagnostic images and files. With the Information Systems Department, the PACS Administrator is also responsible for diagnosing, repairing, maintaining and upgrading all PACS associate hardware and software while ensuring optima performance. The PACS Administer will also be the main point of contact for the DI-r and will be responsible for any upkeep required.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications:
- College Diploma in Radiological Technology or Bachelor’s Degree preferred in either Management Information Sciences or Computer Information Systems or an equivalent combination of education and imaging experience may be considered.
- Certification with the CMRTO is an asset
- PACS Administrator Course or Imaging Informatics Graduate Certificate preferred
- Two to three years related experience working with PACS
- Good interpersonal and writing skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to work under time pressures while maintaining a customer service attitude
- Experience in maintaining applications will be a significant asset
- Acceptable performance and attendance records