Department / Unit:
The Laboratory Technologist is accountable and responsible for the provision of patient test results, in accordance with the goals and objectives of the department and the needs of the health care providers.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications:
- CSMLS Certification in Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT)
- Current registration with CMLTO
- Demonstrates an understanding of operational theory/procedures, performance characteristics of instruments/equipment to facilitate the effective and efficient operation of the laboratory
- Ability to lift reagent and specimen containers
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, bend, reach, push, lift, carry, climb without physical discomfort
- Required to work day, evening, night weekend or holiday shifts.
- Acceptable performance and attendance records