Department / Unit:
The Registered Nurse is accountable and responsible for the provision of general and specialized nursing duties and work assignments on a daily basis, according to the standards of Nursing Practice of the College of Nurses of Ontario, and approved standards of care of the Corporation.
*Dialysis qualifications and/or experience is not required but preferred. Education and training will be provided to the successful applicant*
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications:
- Current certification with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current BCLS certification
- In-center hemodialysis experience preferred, recent experience preferred
- Applicants who are willing to obtain a Nephrology Nursing Program or equivalent from an accredited college or university, and who also have 2 years recent acute medical experience will be considered
- CNA Nephrology Nursing Certification (preferred or willing to obtain)
- Strong physical assessment skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Appropriate lifting techniques
- Acceptable performance and attendance records
All job offers will require compliance with our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for proof of full vaccination unless provided with a medical exemption or an accommodation under the Ontario Human Rights Code.