Application Consultant, Supply Chain Management Meditech Expanse (Permanent, Regional Opportunity)
For over 20 years, Collingwood General & Marine Hospital (CGMH), Georgian Bay General Hospital (GBGH), Headwaters Health Care Centre (HHCC) and Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre (RVH) have been in partnership sharing a single Health Information System (HIS) – Meditech. This group has come to be known as the “Regional IT Partnership”.
The primary purpose of this partnership is to improve patient safety and quality of care by promoting, implementing and maintaining a one patient, one record vision through a single shared HIS. The Regional IT Partnership has identified information and technology as a key pillar to support a safe and efficient patient experience while driving clinical excellence. We are excited to be preparing for the implementation of a new health information system (Meditech Expanse) that will bring together a team of skilled clinical experts and stakeholders from the four partner hospitals.
POSITION SUMMARY & ACCOUNTABILITIES
As the Application Consultant, you will provides applications support for RVH and Regional Partner Hospitals (Collingwood General and Marine Hospital, Georgian Bay General Hospital, Headwaters Healthcare Centre.) during work hours and off-hours “on-call support”. Analyze user-departmental workflow processes to create efficiencies through automation. Optimize application features and functionality to meet end-user requirements and facilitate workflow processes. Coordinate training and support departmental trainers for application(s) and provide training when necessary. i.e.: Technologists, transcripts, clerical staff, therapists, nurses, physicians and managers.
You will be assigned to a main site at one of the participating hospitals. Travel between hospital sites may be required. You must have access to reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license. You may be assigned to an alternate main site temporarily at the discretion of the Regional IT Partnership.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Secondary School Diploma or Equivalent
- College Diploma in Business Admin, or Information Systems
- Network+ Preferred
- Adult Teaching or Training certificate
- Customer Service Courses an Asset
- Leadership Courses
- 3 years of related experience
- 5 years previous experience in implementing new health systems from various platforms and working knowledge of various departmental process and work flows in a health care setting
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service skills
- Ability to reflect on verbal and non-verbal behaviour and communicate effectively
- Ability to analyze situations, diagnose problems, identify the key issues, establish and evaluate alternative courses of action and produce a logical, practical and acceptable solutions
- Demonstrated ability to implement evidence/research findings in practice
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adaptable to a changing work environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Demonstrated commitment to maintaining strict confidentiality
The Regional IT Partnership offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment process, and is committed to the principles of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Regional IT Partnership will work proactively through all stages of recruitment to create a barrier-free process and to provide accommodations as required. If you require accommodation due to a disability during the interview process, please contact Brinean Crews at 705-728-9090, extension 42327.
RVH is recruiting on behalf of the Regional IT Partnership. Any information provided to RVH in connection to this vacancy will be shared with the members of the Regional IT Partnership and any party supporting the recruitment efforts.