System Analyst, MIS/Universe/UpDate Tool/CMS Meditech Expanse (Regional)
For over 20 years, Collingwood General & Marine Hospital (CGMH), Georgian Bay General Hospital (GBGH), Headwaters Health Care Centre (HHCC) and Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre (RVH) have been in partnership sharing a single Health Information System (HIS) – Meditech. This group has come to be known as the “Regional IT Partnership”.
The primary purpose of this partnership is to improve patient safety and quality of care by promoting, implementing and maintaining a one patient, one record vision through a single shared HIS. The Regional IT Partnership has identified information and technology as a key pillar to support a safe and efficient patient experience while driving clinical excellence. We are excited to be preparing for the implementation of a new health information system (Meditech Expanse) that will bring together a team of skilled clinical experts and stakeholders from the four partner hospitals.
POSITION SUMMARY & ACCOUNTABILITIES
As the Systems Analyst for the MIS/Universe/CMS and Update Tool, you will provide applications support for all four hospitals (Collingwood General and Marine Hospital, Georgian Bay General Hospital, Headwaters Healthcare Centre and Royal Victoria Regional Health Center.) during work hours and off-hours “on-call support”. The incumbent will analyze the fully integrated system and provide optimization and system utilization recommendations. Provides subject matter expertise and leadership in working groups for clinical and business workflow redevelopment while supporting the implementation of the Electronic Health Record. In addition, supports the system implementation of clinical and system best practices i.e. performing regular clinical system health checks and quality maintenance. The Application Consultant identifies clinical business risks, performs gap analysis and make recommendations to remove inefficiencies and works with all stakeholders to implement the required changes. In addition, the role supports Downtime readiness and recovery period with process and clinical business support.
You must have access to reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license. You may be assigned to an alternate main site temporarily at the discretion of the Regional IT Partnership.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Sciences, and/or Health Sciences
- Computer programming experience an asset
- Must have current experience with application development of MIS/UNIVERSE in a MEDITECH environment
- Experience with MEDITECH CMS and Update Tool preferred
- Must have experience with HL7 and integrated systems
- Must have experience implementing a fully integrated Health Information System
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service skills
- Ability to reflect on verbal and non-verbal behaviour and communicate effectively
- Ability to analyze situations, diagnose problems, identify the key issues, establish and evaluate alternative courses of action and produce a logical, practical and acceptable solutions
- Demonstrated ability to implement evidence/research findings in practice
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adaptable to a changing work environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Demonstrated commitment to maintaining strict confidentiality
- Requires the ability to coordinate, review and analyze information
- Must be able to work well in a team and communicate effectively both verbal and written
- Supports, promotes and embraces change with a commitment to continuous quality improvement and system enhancements
- Must be able to manage several projects/tasks at one time
- Must be able to perform essential duties of position description, function within the Health and Safety guidelines providing safe and supportive environment for all patients, staff, physicians and volunteers