Clerk, Meditech Expanse
(Collingwood General & Marine Hospital)
For over 20 years, Collingwood General & Marine Hospital (CGMH), Georgian Bay General Hospital (GBGH), Headwaters Health Care Centre (HHCC) and Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre (RVH) have been in partnership sharing a single Health Information System (HIS) – Meditech. This group has come to be known as the “Regional IT Partnership”.
The primary purpose of this partnership is to improve patient safety and quality of care by promoting, implementing and maintaining a one patient, one record vision through a single shared HIS. The Regional IT Partnership has identified information and technology as a key pillar to support a safe and efficient patient experience while driving clinical excellence. We are excited to be preparing for the implementation of a new health information system (Meditech Expanse) that will bring together a team of skilled clinical experts and stakeholders from the four partner hospitals.
POSITION SUMMARY & ACCOUNTABILITIES
You will be assigned to a main site at one of the participating hospitals. Travel between hospital sites may be required. You must have access to reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license. You may be assigned to an alternate main site temporarily at the discretion of the Regional IT Partnership.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Two year Medical Office Administration or Equivalent
- Medical Terminology
- One year clerical and data entry experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Meditech experience preferred
- Excellent keyboarding and data entry skills
- Computer Operations in a network environment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively using both oral and written format
- Ability to carry out multiple tasks at the same time, while maintaining high quality results
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service skills
- Ability to deal with difficult patient circumstances with tact and diplomacy
- Strong organizational, prioritization and time management skills
- Ability to function independently within the scope of practice
The Regional IT Partnership offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment process, and is committed to the principles of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Regional IT Partnership will work proactively through all stages of recruitment to create a barrier-free process and to provide accommodations as required. If you require accommodation due to a disability during the interview process, please contact Brinean Crews at 705-728-9090, extension 42327.
RVH is recruiting on behalf of the Regional IT Partnership. Any information provided to RVH in connection to this vacancy will be shared with the members of the Regional IT Partnership and any party supporting the recruitment efforts.
To apply please visit the RVH Careers Website at: http://www.rvh.on.ca/careers/SitePages/careers.aspx