Human Resources/Payroll Application Specialist, Meditech Expanse
For over 20 years, Collingwood General & Marine Hospital (CGMH), Georgian Bay General Hospital (GBGH), Headwaters Health Care Centre (HHCC) and Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre (RVH) have been in partnership sharing a single Health Information System (HIS) – Meditech. This group has come to be known as the “Regional IT Partnership”.
The primary purpose of this partnership is to improve patient safety and quality of care by promoting, implementing and maintaining a one patient, one record vision through a single shared HIS. The Regional IT Partnership has identified information and technology as a key pillar to support a safe and efficient patient experience while driving clinical excellence. We are excited to be preparing for the implementation of a new health information system (Meditech Expanse) that will bring together a team of skilled clinical experts and stakeholders from the four partner hospitals.
POSITION SUMMARY & ACCOUNTABILITIES
As the Human Resources/Payroll Applications Specialist for the Regional IT Partnership, you will for the execution of deliverables on all system/tool tasks. You will be assigned to a main site at one of the participating hospitals. Travel between hospital sites may be required. The Human Resources/Payroll Applications Specialist must have in-depth knowledge of technology tools that will complement the development of complex reports for HR, Payroll and the larger organization in order to execute the business initiatives. You must have access to reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license. You may be assigned to an alternate main site temporarily at the discretion of the Regional IT Partnership.
The Human Resources/Payroll Applications Specialist is responsible for maintaining and supporting the integrated technical tools and processes as it relates to Meditech. Providing daily support to MEDITECH staff within HR, Payroll, Informatics Team and the larger organization where deemed necessary. Audit system capabilities for accuracy, integrity, and functionality by performing system testing. Audit HR data, correct if necessary, and ensure closed-loop corrective action for issues raised. Identify the need for new audits. Administer and support employee mass data change processing Ensure successful integration of HR software applications with other systems. Administer Payroll/HR Interface Validation and Process Documentation. Participate as needed in various projects and initiatives by providing expertise and assistance. Serve as system support to employees, managers and candidates for the HRIS system. Performs on-going technical reviews to identify any gaps and recommends efficiencies. Responsible for addressing complex integrated technical issues or questions from stakeholders and customers.
Responsible for the following: defining and scoping the issue properly, analyzing the problem, generating potential solutions, selecting and planning the solution, support testing and implementation the solution, evaluating at the appropriate interval(s) the results of the implemented solution, responsible for supporting processes below, as needed. Interfaces – monitor and troubleshoot issues, proficient in Excel Security – maintenance of roles, groups etc.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Four (4) year university degree or equivalent experience – IT related
- Must have experience with Meditech system
- Must have advanced working knowledge of payroll and HR processes
- Ability to adhere to a consistent coding style and document coding procedures
- Experience working with large volume data processing and data analysis
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Products: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio and Access
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively using both oral and written format
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to interact with others in a co-operative, facilitative and professional manner through all circumstances
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and under pressure with tight deadlines
- Strong time management skills, with demonstrated ability to successfully juggle multiple priorities within a rapidly changing and detail-oriented healthcare environment
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions, exercise good judgment, discretion and initiative when dealing with confidential information and/or in responding to inquiries
- Ability to analyze situations, diagnose problems, identify the key issues, establish and evaluate alternative courses of action and produce a logical, practical and acceptable solutions
- Ability to develop new insights into situations and apply new inventive solutions to make improvements
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adaptable to a changing work environment
- Ability to organize own time effectively, prioritize workload, prepare in advance and sets realistic timescales. Monitor progress towards operational or strategic objectives
- Computer skills – MS Office Suite & internet, knowledge of resume tracking databases